• Classic overdrive circuit hot- rodded for added versatility
• Adds sustain and gain without coloring your guitar’s tone
• 100HZ knob allows a more focused EQ when cut or a bee er tone when boosted
• BUMP switch engages an alternate EQ voicing that boosts lows and mids
• True bypass
The MXR Custom BadassTM Modi ed O.D. is powered by one 9-volt battery (remove bottom plate to install), a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003/ECB003E, or a DC BrickTM power supply.
• Run a cable from your guitar to the Modi ed O.D.’s INPUT jack and run another cable from the Modi ed O.D.’s OUTPUT jack to your ampli er.
• Set all controls to their 12 o’clock position.
• Turn the effect on by depressing the footswitch.
• Rotate the GAIN knob clockwise to increase the amount of overdrive or counterclockwise to decrease it.
• Rotate the OUTPUT knob clockwise to increase
overall effect volume or counterclockwise to decrease it.
• Rotate the 100HZ knob clockwise to increase the low end for a thicker tone or counterclockwise for a more focused sound. At 12 o’clock, the frequency is at.
• Engage the BUMP switch for an alternate EQ voicing that provides a low and mid frequency boost.
Input Impedance 1 MΩ
Output Impedance <7.5 kΩ
Noise Floor* >87 dB
Tone Control ± 8 dB at 2.7 KHz
100HZ Control ± 24 dB at 100 Hz
Bump Button +6 dB low ~ mid boost -3 dB at 540 kHz
Bypass True Hardwire
Power Draw <4 mA
Power Supply 9 volt DC