• A hot-rodded classic circuit
• Roars with huge amp stack tones and old school distortion
• Delivers soaring leads and rich, saturated rhythms
• CRUNCH button boosts the dynamic range and harmonic content of distortion
The MXR Custom Badass ’78 is powered by one 9-volt battery (remove bottom plate to install), a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003/ECB003E, or a DC BrickTM power supply.
• Run a cable from your guitar
to the ’78 Distortion’s INPUT jack and run another cable from the ’78 Distortion’s OUTPUT jack to your ampli er.
• Set all controls to the 12 o’clock position
• Turn the effect on by depressing the footswitch.
• Rotating the DISTORTION knob clockwise increases the amount of distortion while rotating it counterclockwise decreases it.
• Rotate the TONE knob clockwise for a brighter sound; rotate the Tone knob counterclockwise for a darker sound.
• Rotating the OUTPUT knob clockwise raises the volume of the effect while rotating
it counterclockwise lowers the volume.
• Engage CRUNCH button (blue LED lit) to boost the dynamic range and harmonic content of distortion.
Input Impedance 1 MΩ
Output Impedance 6 kΩ
Nominal Input Level -22 dBV
Max Output Level
Crunch Off -5 dBV
Crunch On -2 dBV
Noise Floor* -84 dBV
Distortion Range 27 dB at 500 Hz
Max System Gain 43 dB
Tilt EQ Tone Control ± 4 dB at 100 Hz ± 5 dB at 2 kHz
Bypass True Hardwire
LEDs Off 2.5 mA
LEDs On 6 mA
Power Supply 9 volts DC