The Super Badass Variac Fuzz provides snarling, aggressive tones thanks to a hot-rodded vintage circuit. On top of that, it’s got a Variac knob to change up the voltage, so you can take your fuzz from saggy “dying battery” sounds to high headroom transparency.
• Run a cable from your guitar to the M236’s INPUT jack and run another cable from the M236’s OUTPUT jack to your ampli er.
• Set OUTPUT, GAIN, and VARIAC controls to their 12 o’clock positions, and set the TONE control fully clockwise.
• Turn effect on by depressing footswitch.
• Rotate GAIN knob clockwise
to increase amount of fuzz or counterclockwise to decrease it.
• Rotate OUTPUT knob clockwise to increase overall effect volume or counterclockwise
to decrease it.
• Rotate TONE knob counterclockwise to cut high frequencies for a darker fuzz sound.
• To simulate the voltage sag of a dying battery, rotate the VARIAC control counterclockwise. For higher headroom and a clearer and more transparent sound, rotate the control clockwise.
The Super Badass Variac Fuzz
is powered by one 9-volt battery (remove bottom plate to install),
a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003, or the DC BrickTM and Iso-BrickTM power supplies.